The information you share with us can be used by King’s Gate London (King’s Gate, we, us) for operational purposes. King’s Gate does not sell information about you. This notice tells you what information we collect, the steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share the information and how you can contact us with questions or concerns.
Information We Gather
King’s Gate collects personal information when you provide that to us through attending our events, by emailing us and when you contact us through this website (the Site). This may include your name, contact details, family information (if any) and any other information you give us, ask us to obtain or we are required to obtain (such as DBS checks).
King’s Gate automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies and the pages you request.
Information Use, Sharing And Disclosure
King’s Gate uses your information only for the purposes for which you give it to us which are
- to respond to any queries you submit;
- to inform, operate and interact with you about church activities; and
- to generate internal reports so we can serve you better.
We take the security of your information seriously and will not share your information with third parties unless they are providing us with assistance in relation to church activities such as hosting our website, providing building facilities and professional services (e.g. accountants) – in those circumstances we will seek to enter into confidentiality agreements that are consistent with this policy and limit others’ use or disclosure of information shared.
King’s Gate may also share personally identifiable information about you with advisors and/or authorities under the following circumstances:
- to respond to court orders or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims and if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate;
- if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or as otherwise required by law.
By using the Site and submitting information through it or providing it to us by any other means, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by us as described above.
What Are The Legal Grounds For Us Processing Your Information?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your information:
- with your consent or explicit consent;
- for the purposes of our legitimate interests or a third party;
- to comply with our legal obligations.
Where you are contacted by us based on information you have shared with us, we will aim to provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such further communications at the time you are contacted. Where we are relying on your consent to use/process your information, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us via the Site or at our registered address referenced below. Similarly if you object to any sharing of your personal information that may be permitted under this policy, you may do so by contacting us in the same ways. You should note however that in some instances, honouring your requests may interfere with or preclude your ability to use all the facilities operated by King’s Gate.
If there is ever a change to how King’s Gate uses or intends to use personal information, we will post that change to this policy and, if the new policy is materially less restrictive than this policy, we will seek your consent. We strongly recommend that you check this page often, referring to the date of the last modification listed at the bottom.
King’s Gate may occasionally obtain IP addresses from users depending upon how you access our Site. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for various purposes, including to:
- estimate the total number of users visiting www.kingsgate.org.uk including from different geographical regions;
- diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users.
King’s Gate may display your IP address to the owners or maintainers of certain King’s Gate pages when you post to those pages and the owner or maintainer has enabled functionality on the Site for this purpose.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Confidentiality And Security
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems. We use physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
In certain areas, King’s Gate may use industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. If King’s Gate learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
By using this Site or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this Site. King’s Gate may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the kingsgate.org.uk Site. King’s Gate may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. You may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using the contact us page.
Changing Your Personal Information
If your personal information changes you should tell us so that we can update our records. You can do this via the Site.
How Long Will We Retain Your Personal Information?
We will hold your personal information for as long as required by the purpose it has been collected for. Therefore:
- for collection of information from attendees of King’s Gate activities as long as you participate in those activities;
- for collection of information for performance of a contract until such contract has been fully performed;
- for collection of personal information collected for the purposes of King’s Gate legitimate interests as long as needed to fulfill such purposes;
If you no longer participate in King’s Gate, then to the extent necessary to protect King’s Gate’s legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements; and/or retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
Once the retention period expires, personal information shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
What Are Your Rights Under Data Protection Laws?
There are a number of rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don't apply in all circumstances but we outline some of those rights below:
- the right to be informed about the processing of your personal information;
- the right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed;
- the right to object to processing of your personal information;
- the right to restrict processing of your personal information;
- the right to have your personal information erased (the "right to be forgotten");
- the right to request access to your personal information;
- the right to move, copy or transfer your personal information ("data portability”);
- the right to complain to the Information Commissioners's Office which enforces data protection laws HTTPS://ICO.org.uk/.
You can contact King’s Gate for more details on all of the above. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by King’s Gate as early as possible and always within one month.
Is Your Information Transferred Outside The UK Or EEA?
King’s Gate is based in the UK but it is possible that your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area because of the international nature of the Internet. At present that is unlikely to be the case but if we do so, we will take steps to ensure that suitable safeguards are in place for the security of your information for example by using approved contractual agreements unless certain exceptions apply.
Contacting King's Gate
If you have a privacy concern regarding King’s Gate or this policy, you should contact us using the contact page on our website. The registered office address is King’s Gate London, 137 Deepcut Bridge Road, Deepcut, Camberley, Surrey, GU16 6SD.
Updated May 2018